The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics is looking for a full time Senior Neurologist/Department Head for its Clinical Neurosciences Section.
The suitable candidate will head the associated Department under the Clinical Sciences, as a certified medical doctor trained in the diagnosis and treatment of neurological diseases. Additionally, he/she will provide expert clinical services in one or more of our specialized Neurological Centres and diagnostic Laboratories as well as engage in research and education. The above position is combined with a faculty position at the appropriate rank commensurate with experience and track record at the Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine (CSMM), the post-graduate School of the Institute.
He/she will be accountable to the Chief Executive Medical Director and will be a member of the Institute’s Scientific Council.
The selected candidate will commence work in November 2020.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING
• An MD degree with a sub specialty in Neurology; and
• Recognized board certification in Neurology; and
• License or eligible for license from the Pancyprian Medical Association; and
• A minimum of 6 years of post-graduate training and experience in an accredited medical centre; and
• Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures; and
• Supervisory experience; and
• Command of the Greek and English languages; and
• Ability to designing and carrying out original independent research programs; and
• Demonstrated track record and commitment to research with peer reviewed publications.
Experience in Epileptology, Behavioural neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology (EEG, Evoked Potentials, Polysomnography) will be considered an advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Highly collaborative culture
• A CHKS accredited outpatient and inpatient centre with specialized clinics and laboratories functioning as a national referral centre for neurological disorders
• Cutting-edge basic and clinical neuroscience research and top-notch facilities at the Institute
• Opportunities for advancement as an academic:
- Research infrastructure and resources are allocated including dedicated lab space and research staff
- Opportunities to participate in the activities of CSMM (supervision of MSc/PhD students and teaching in the CSMM programs)
- Competitive salary and generous benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
A cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae, 3 representative publications, and names of two referees should reach the Institute by Saturday, 29 February 2020
by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
, stating the reference code. Contact person for further information: Ms Anna Michaelidou, e-mail: email@example.com