MSc Biomedical Research (accredited) 2-year program
The importance of Biomedical Research
Can you make a positive difference in the field of Biomedical Research? At the Cyprus Institute of Neurology & Genetics (CING) we encourage our students to make a difference and a positive contribution to science and society. Major milestones in biomedical research have led to breakthroughs in vaccinations, Diabetes, organ transplantation, Cancer, cardiovascular disease and other discoveries related to the understanding of DNA. Continued investment in education and research in the field of biomedical research will lead to increased understanding and possibilities for treatment of many diseases and conditions.
Purpose and Objectives:
The programme promotes academic excellence and educates students on research in Biomedical Science. This two-year programme aims to train students in biomedical research while doing a 70 ECTS laboratory-based project. The challenging curricula includes taught courses aiming to cover the important aspects of biomedical research and to enable students to broaden their knowledge on other fields in the discipline. Students have the opportunity to carry out their research projects in the state-of-the-art Departments and Clinics of the Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics and work side by side with the highly experienced scientists and clinicians of the Institute. The Institute produces internationally renowned research providing an environment that inspires students to pursue and complete innovative research projects.
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Formulate and test valid scientific hypotheses
- Design appropriate experiments, obtain and analyze scientific data
- Improve both their oral and written communication skills
- Develop critical thinking
- Appreciate how research can reduce human suffering and improve life quality
For detailed program information please refer to the Prospectus
- Work experience
- Hands-on lab skills
- A thorough understanding of the latest research and academic knowledge in innovative fields
- The capabilities to successfully enter the job market or further education