The CING Admissions period begins in late January every year, for programmes beginning in September of that year. Our Application and Admissions process is as follows:
1) Check out our Prospectus for information on our postgraduate programmes
2) If you have any queries or require further information and guidance, contact the Education Office by phone (+357 22 392 840/841/844) or email ([email protected]). You may wish to make an appointment and come and speak to us in person or via an online advice session. Alternatively, all information can be given by telephone or email.
3) Now that you have all you need to know, you are ready to complete your online application! Ensure that you have all your required documents (listed below), scanned and ready in an up-loadable format:
- Two Academic References (you will not need actual reference letters, only the names and email addresses of your Referees, who will receive an automated notification from our applications system, in order to complete our specific Reference Form)
- Academic Transcripts (secondary school/high school, higher education)
- High School Leaving certificate
- English Language Certificate (if previous degree was obtained in a language other than English). This can also be submitted at a later date if you are admitted to the programme.
4) Next, you will need to create your Extranet User Account
From here you will be prompted to complete information and upload documents to your online application form. You can save your application form and log back in to continue at any time. Once you are happy with your application, you can submit it. You will receive a prompt in order to pay the application fee via the JCC gateway. Please proceed to do this, as your application will not be considered valid until the fee has been settled.
5) Thereafter, your application and all supporting documentation, will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee in order to assess whether your application will progress to the interview stage. For some applicants, the process will end here.
6) If you are invited to an interview, you will receive an email notification from the Education Office stating the date and time of the interview together with any other arrangements. Interviews for students in Cyprus, are carried out in person at the Cyprus Institute of Neurology & Genetics. If you are overseas during the given period, then you will be interviewed via Skype/Zoom and you will be prompted to provide your Skype/Zoom user name in the days prior to the interview. The interview itself is an opportunity for you to ask questions about the Institute and your chosen programme of study, while simultaneously presenting yourself as a prime candidate. Use this as an opportunity to explain about your scientific work so far, your research interests and how you would like to progress in the future. This will give our Admissions Committee a good understanding of whether you are suitable for the programme.
7) Once you have been interviewed, you will receive an email stating the decision of the Admissions Committee. For some applicants, the process will end here. For successful applicants, the decision will be either Unconditional Admission (provided that all documents are submitted with the agreed grades and within the timeframe etc together with payments) or Conditional Admission based on the applicant taking and passing the Preparatory Course offered in August (provided that all documents are submitted with the agreed grades and within the timeframe etc together with payments).