Training & Education
More specifically, it offers:
- Specialized training in Clinical Neurology and Electromyography to Neurologists.
- Training program for the acquisition of the one year Medical Residency in Neurology.
- Education and specialization to graduate students, doctors and scientists from Cyprus and abroad in specialized fields of genetics.
CING has always been a highly preferred academic organization for training of students and graduates. The active relation between CING and high-schools, academic institutions and the society is extremely important. The below categories of students or graduates could be hosted at CING:
- Postgraduate students registered in other academic institutions in programs relevant to those of CSMM to be hosted for a brief period of time to perform a small part of their dissertation/thesis e.g. as part of collaboration.
- Postgraduate students registered in other academic institutions in programs not relevant to those of CSMM, to perform some or all of their dissertation/thesis.
- Undergraduate students registered in other academic institutions in programs relevant/not relevant to those of CSMM, to perform some or all of their dissertation/thesis.
- Undergraduate/postgraduate students or graduates for training, including medical students and 1 year Neurology specialization.
- High school students for training or as part of an official program of the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Student internships (including a financial compensation) which may be available in the future.
- Summer Internships for undergraduate/postgraduate/high school students within a minimum duration of 1 week and up to 3 months (June, July and August).
CING also organises lectures, as well as national and international scientific meetings, conferences, courses and congresses in Cyprus and abroad.
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology & Genetics is considered to be the most advanced tertiary medical academic centre in our country in the health sector.