Board of Directors Distinguished Professor
Prof. Philippos C. Patsalis is a Board of Directors Distinguished Professor. Prof. Patsalis was the Founder and Head of the Department of Cytogenetics and Genomics and the Translational Genetics Team at The Cyprus Institute of Neurology & Genetics. He was also the first Professor and Provost of the Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine. During the years 2007-2015, Prof. Patsalis served as the Chief Executive Medical Director of The Cyprus Institute of Neurology & Genetics. Currently, Prof. Patsalis is a Professor at the Cyprus School of Molecular Genetics with research interest in the area of Genomics and Translational Genetics.
- Development of Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) for genetic disorders
- NIPT in IVF pregnancies
- Methylation based analysis of the fetus and the mother
- Biomarker discovery for Non-Invasive Testing of genetic conditions
- Genomic and transcriptomic analysis of cell-free DNA
- Development of novel Non-Invasive Diagnosis methodologies in cancer